Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Routine check up at the doctors

To get some more thyroid tabs, and at last managed to describe to him the problem I'm having with my hands! I often wake in the night to find that some of my fingers are completely numb! HOW do you explain that in French??! I tried once before, but not very successfully..anyway this time with a few actions and trying to describe what happens to your gums when the dentist gives you an injection, I think we got there!

So I may have carpel tunnel syndrome. I found an address on the computor which so describes my symptoms! and the doctor did a quick test in the surgery which seemed to help him confirm his diagnosis!

I have to go for tests on my hands etc. Also have a blood test for thyroid (have been on tablets now for 5yrs) and a glucose test! So will arrange all these things! Then see where we go from here!

Meanwhile the weather is milder here at the mo! but we have still lit the fire..it's a cold house with high ceilings and so the fire, once it gets going, is quite effective in it's little corner!

Catrin home for lunch & flute this afternoon..I have to do my french homework!

3 comments:

robin in alabama said...

I have the same problem with my right hand. Talked to the doctor on Monday. I will be doing more test. He gave me the same answer. I will let you know what they do for me. I am glad I only had to do it in English. Have a blessed day.

Pat said...

thankyou! yes it's certaily fun from time to time, but I am quite good with facial expressions so I think that helps a lot!!

grizbe said...

glad you had an mot - i have the same in both my wrists - had one operated on and its ok now and still struggle with the other one but i'm not brave enough to have the other done. my thyriod and glucoze levels is also crazy - keep going. i really can't imagine how to discribe anything like these in frech - well done!