Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Spring?? what silly billy said that

Last blog said it was just spring like! Well we had a mini snow storm last evening!

I was in next doors house, when we heard an almighty bang, airplane? bins? looked outside front door,
nope..

then another bang.
thunder?

Looked out of front door! Snow snow very fast snow! So in a panic, I rushed out to rescue the guinea pigs..they have been outside all winter and survived very well (can't come in, cos Alan would then be ill!)
Anyway, I had put their run on the grass last week and they were very thankful to be able to nibble grass whenever they wished..but as I was saying,

I rushed out to rescue them, Catrin came too, so we grabbed the five, Catrin took them inside whilst I moved the run to under the eves of the roof..visions of snow bound piggies coming into my head!

One of them was quite breathless with shock (Catrin says) her little heart was pounding away..but they are all fine this morning..

It's been snowing off and on all day..nothing very much, just flurries now and then...So Spring? I don't think so!

Today we had to read out our homework to our French teacher..She had asked us all to right a murder mystery..

Now I have to confess that I have a mad imagination, but just didn't know what to write..trouble is (thought I ) If you have a murder, you have to have suspects, a motive and an opportunity.

This will take at least 4 pages!! And she said to keep it short!

So hubby to the rescue 'Why don't you bump off your teacher and leave a sheet of the subjunctive of Aller, near by..just interview the suspects"

Once prompted imagination took over..

Prof found with a knife in back with a sheet of the subjuntive pinned to her back.

Suspect 1 (me!) Yes she was good, but she would always get out that red pen! she was
forever using it all over my work! I hated that pen it drove me mad!

Suspect 2 ( Liz) yep she was ok, but I was always having to think about the subjunctive, I
dreamt about the subjunctive, I even ate the subjunctive ( with each phrase I put the verb into the subjunctive..Il faut que je mange, etc) In the end it drove me crazy

Here a note taken from the investigation to say that the first two suspects ended up in a psychiatric hospital driven mad after the interview

Suspect 3 I adored her, she was so good and helped me a lot..I think I'll have to take her red pen for a souvenir, it's the one she loved the most

Suspect 4 I've just been moved to another group, and do you know, they don't use the
subjunctive, and it's not fair! I kept saying every week that I should go back to this teacher, but now it's too late

5 (the husband) I loved her so much, I didn't want to have to share her with others! she was my wife..I wanted her to always stay at home with me, but she always said she had to go to her students, O I loved her so much

Anyway, we then had to guess who the murderer was..tricky..I had the husband confess (the paper was obviously a decoy to pin the crime on her students..) then on reflexion I decided it should be no.3 the one who adored her red pen..

Dunno, what d'you reckon? It was good fun writing it, though I was a bit worried that Marie Anne would take it to heart! but she seemed to like it and found it very amusing (phew!!)

1 comment:

Liz said...

It was the text you sent me yesterday saying you had finished Marie Anne off that had me worried. I had no idea you were talking about your homework!

Liz