Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Another day at the DEFLE

We were all off together this morning. Gwilym usually has school on Wed, mornings, but had today off to continue his recovery from his grotty cold.

So we went and cleaned the church, then had a Mcdonalds..

I was in the DEFLE thisafternoon. Iwas in the class just getting my stuff out of the bag, when one of the students started speaking English, so of course I joined in

"I need to improve my Eenglish" he says..

"I have just the thing for you" says I . And handed him some information about the English classes that take place at the student centre! I did tell him that the Bible is the main tool..

So hopefully he'll go along, who knows.

Anyway, I try and sit next to a very nice women who seems to have the same wacky sense of humour as me. She is German, living here most of the time, and in Berlin some of the other time.

She's about 20yrs older than me, although I find that hard to believe! She looks so young.

We help each other along a bit, and enjoy a good giggle like school kids (no we aren't disruptive AT ALL!!)

Had a good lesson today, which means that I understood all that was going on!!

Tomorrow I meet the other teachers. I haven't met them cos I have been off nursing the sick! So I hope it goes ok.

The children have to stay for school dinners tomorrow and Friday because I am in all day, and don't have the time to have lunch with them as their hours are different!

Still, it'll be interesting for them to re-try the French cuisine.

No comments: