Today I had my re-entrance test at the DEFLE.
As last year, there was loads of new students.
It was also good to see some familiar ones too, particularly the young lad from church who has recently come to faith.
He presented me with a young Chinese girl who he said was interested in the bible!
I had some invitations handy in my bag, for the studies that take place at the centre.
The written test was first.
Well, at least I was prepared for it to be hard, but I'm sure it felt a bit easier this year..progress?
Having said that, one of the tutors at the front read out several phrases, and only one was correct for the picture in front of us.
she read them only ONCE!! The same as last year I know but still I didn't have time to digest what was said, and if I held a phrase for a bit, by the time I realised it may have been the correct one, I'd forgotten it!
It was really fun this year. I met a girl from Brazil, who didn't speak any English, and her French was very limited..I felt very sorry for her, and made her follow me around so she didn't feel lost!!
I got speaking to another one who is from Turkey, and over here with her husband. We spent the time speaking in French with the odd word of English thrown in..It was great!
didn't seem to be as many Californian girls yet, perhaps they'll come later.
Another achievement..I drove to collect Gwilym from school all on my own!
Doesn't sound much I suppose, but the first time we drove there it was all a haze to me..I needed to learn the route as we have a mission in the centre of Bordeaux and Alan will be more involved than I, so I need to know the way, to free him up..
The mission starts tomorrow with a meeting for prayer and then a talk about evangelism..Weds will be going out on to the campus to do questionnaires..Catrin is off school, and Gwilym in the afternoon; so I won't be physically involved.
Thursday during the day much the same, but in the evening an evangelistic meeting will be held for all who have been contacted, and on Friday there is a Welsh evening.
I will be involved in that..I've made loads of Welsh cakes and intend to make a couple of Bara brith..The children will come hopefully with something Welsh.
Sadly Catrin doesn't have her costume now, but we have 4 flags what we can wave.
One of our church members is a professional story tellern and will be telling the story of Mary Jones and her Bible..in French.
So a full and varied week..

1 comment:
Tests so early on! The encouragements to spiritual things will be of eternal value though. Glad to see also that you will be flying the flag. Sounds interesting. Hope it all goes well. Pob bendith, Cymru am byth! Unfortunately it won't be 'am byth' but there will be somwhere much better.
Post a Comment