Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 18, 2006

La premiér jour!

Well, the first day is over, and I have met my new teacher, and the other students.

There are folk from Russia, Columbia, Chinese Ghana, Germany and other countries so numerous to mention!

The teacher is one who taught Alan last year, so I hope she isn't expecting great things from me too!

It was so different this year though. This time I understood what the teacher wanted us to do more of less straight away.

We had a story to read, and then questions underneath, which I thought she said we only had to understand, so I'm going along the questions writing "oui" "non" if I did or didn't understand the question!!How daft can you be!!!!We were supposed to answer the questions if we understood them..Thankfully I cottoned on pretty fast, just incase she asked me anything...She didn't

After this, we had to imagine the setting of the story.

Basically it was all about a family, just the 3 children who were sitting down to eat their dinner. The mother wasn't with them, and the eldest boy had the biggest piece of meat.

The other two wanted to know why, and he said "it's cos I'm the eldest so there" There was a bit of intimidation of the youngest boy by the eldest, I think he was waiting for him to argue, and for some reason he thumped him, I think!!

The sister then told him she wished he were dead (such a charming story)

Anyway I have such a good imagination but sadly (or maybe just as well) not the adequate amount of vocab yet to fulfill my dreams of being yet another Agatha Christie.

You see, my idea is that the sister has already done away with one member of the family the eldest sister, but no one knows they all think it was a tragic accident. And for the very same reason, that they were given the largest piece of meat.

She secretly climbed a tree, and the elder sister who didn't know she was there, climbed the same tree, well the younger sister pushed the eldest out of the tree and she died..
The younger sister had to be about 2 at the time of committing the murder!

Now at the dinner table she is planning her revenge on the elder brother, but of course it will have to be secret and not the same as before..

Ah such fun we have in our classes!

We have the same teacher tomorrow, and we are continuing with the same piece of work!

We have to work in pairs, the poor lad with whom I worked has probably got a HUGE headache, and will try and sit somewhere else..


I thought today was going to be a hard one for Catrin too.
She really didn't want to go to school, and began to get upset at the school gate, and complain of tummy ache..

She finds the maths really hard, and I have just looked at the stuff she had to do, well, I have to say I didn't have the foggiest idea what to do myself!!

I told her I would pray, and that she must pray too, and she did so, and she had a really good day!!!

She was handing out gospel reading material for children in the playground. She only had 3. "I need more because lots of children wanted one" she said!

We think there may be more at church, and so Alan will get some more at the prayer meeting on Wednesday.

No comments: