Well, I managed to get to class twice this week.
It seemed to go ok, but then the dreaded "G"word was mentioned(that's grammar!)
I always go in to panic mode when they start with "why- this- goes- this- way- and- if- it- does- then- this- goes- this- way" and although I know it is very important, I don't always understand where they are coming from!!!
Thankfully I have a good basic grammar guide in English, at home!
So, today poor Catrin developed conjunctivitis in one eye. She gets two days off school, and therefore, so do I!!
They have given us 2 different types of eyedrops ,one lot 3 times during the day, and the other lot at night-time.
She also has liquid medicine for allergies!!
Determination to kill, is the Doctors message in France, obviously I mean determination to kill the bugs!!
She also has to wear an eye patch! Cool!
Actually it's quite horrible. I had conjunctivitis once in both eyes. I used to wear contact lenses, so of course was unable to at the time, and also, I had just sat on my specs, so of course being as blind as a bat, I couldn't go to work for a whole week!!
Gwilym was also off school this morning (he has to go in on Weds mornings now) cos he had a dreadful cough, and a very croaky voice.
I remember just about a year ago, all the many visits I had to the doctors,just after we first arrived. Déja vous or what..

2 comments:
Get well soon Catrin.
I know what you mean about grammar. It's really annoying when they strart to disect the thing - you just say things! Just do it.
My own humble opinion is that if you are fully imersed as you are in the language, then it should only take a couple of years to reach a level of fluency that you can get by on. So hopefully, with your extra language experiences you should attain a decent level a bit quicker. I suppose the question is, do you speak French at home? then you would be fully immersed! (A good Baptist principle.)
Exactly!!!Why bother with all the palava!! or is it polava..well whatever..
thanks for your encouragement!
I have to confess that we don't speak French at home, apart from the fact that the children are waaaay ahead of me, not to say Alan, we feel it's important to keep their English up.
When they were at Welsh school, I tried to speak to them in Welsh, but they weren't interested! Welsh was for school thank you! So here, English is a bit of a haven for them (and me too!!)
It's so nice to get your compments, it makes you all feel a lot nearer in every way!!
Post a Comment