Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The mystery of the little l'

Well, I got back to school yesterday, and I have to say it was a laugh!

We were given an article to read (several times!) Another charming story of murder and intrigue.

Briefly, a chap who hadn't seen his mother for 25yrs decides to go and seek his fortune, taking his wife and child.

He deposits them in a hotel and goes to stay at another hotel where he some how knows his mother is the owner.

During the night someone is murdered!

We then had to decide who was guilty...
Well, everyone thought it was the mother, but hey, thought I , surely it's the mother who has been killed, and if not who on earth is dead here!!!!

It took me AGES to finally realise who the corpse belonged to! And I thought of being the next Agatha Christie!

No, it WASN'T the mother who was killed, it was her and her sister who killed the bloke, not realising it was her son..

"sa mére et sa soeur l' assassiné "

See the little l' before the word assassiné?
He was assassinated!!!

Boy it was SOOOOOOOOOO confusing. I was asking my collegue "qui est mort??" and she was looking at me as if I'd lost the plot, well I think I had, but it could also have been cos she didn't understand what I was saying..

anyway, at last the penny dropped, or should I say the euro, and I got the idea.

Then we had to write a dialogue of what we thought would happen if the wife came to see the mother..and had to do a role play. I was so glad that I didn't get asked to do it!!!

In the end the mother went and hanged herself when she realised it was her son. One of the endings we all decided was that the mother would run out of the hotel screaming

"donner moi un cord"!!

such a jolly piece of work!!

Today, well I don't know if I'll get into school, cos poor Gwilym is" malade encore."

He has a grotty cold, which he has had for a few days, and has started to struggle a bit. So he is off today. Still I can at least re read the article and find out what it's all about!!

No comments: