Ok, so I've given up , for the moment, on Agatha Christie in French, am reading Le club cinq, by, yep you guessed, Enid Blyton!
It's been adapted for French children..Georgina/George is Claudine/Claude. Then there is Annie, Francois et Mick; Timmy the dog is Dagobert, and they eat fromage, and croissant! No ginger beer in these books!!! It's quite funny when Francois (I guess he is Julian) is asked by Claude why he can only stay for 2weeks of the summer hols, and it's because he is going to England for the rest of the summer!!! So then just to tease her ,he speaks English so fast they can't understand!!
One thing about reading in French, for me, is that I have to read it slowly, which is such a benefit when doing my daily readings.
I have "The Bible in One Year" in French, and have to take my time. It makes me read it slowly and several times, and actually think about what I have just read.
Now I know that is what one should do,and it helps when you read in a foreign language, and the scriptures often hit me afresh!! It's great...

No comments:
Post a Comment