Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 26, 2007

yesterday..

...about 6.30 Catrin and I went to the Hotel de Ville, to collect the two German lads who will be staying with us for 3 nights. They seem very pleasant, naturally a bit shy.

Gwilym meanwhile is staying at a friends house from church, as his dad took them and another mate, to a football match, Libourne v Caan. He's back at lunch time.

The lads will be out all day, from 8.15-6pm, so will probably be shattered later. Also the weather is a bit grotty, so they'll probably be muddy too!!!

There were quite a no. of families there so we went in and waited, and whilst there spotted out next door neighbour. Their son is 7 and has been round here and vice versa..so we chatted a bit, and I plucked up the courage to ask her if she would help me with my French..

Anyway, we all spent the evening at their house, which was just great. the children swam in their pool and we sat and chatted!

It's great to have proper contact at last, and hope it carries on. I'm not sure what the next step is, just to re-ask for help I think.

The lady speaks very good English so that's an added bonus!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's a lot to be said for friendly neighbours.