This afternoon; I had to do the garderie, or the creche as we say in English! mind you I'm not sure I've even spelt it right in French!
I always have nervous fits about it whenever I do it, cos of course you have to say things like"No, listen now" or "sit down now please" or "stop running riot and behave yourselves or I'll set the dogs on you" and stuff like that, in French!
Anyway, thankfully Rachelle the eldest of the pastor's daughters, helped me and so when I get stuck I just ask her to say it!!
Isn't it wonderful though how little children can learn scripture so quickly..
Qui ma creé?
Les mains de Dieu m'ont creé
Who made you? God made me ps 119 v 73
The youngest is 2yrs so it's a bit difficult for her to do this especially as she doesn't understand French yet (Gwilym had a wonderful time playing with her! he loves children)
The next youngest is just 4yrs old and was able to recite it really well! Wonderful!
We talked about how God has given us eyes to see, and how they are different colours..I had 2 dolls of Catrin's, so Rachelle and I did a little sketch on looking at each other's eyes to see what colour they were, and then we talked about the things that we can see, and spoke about the different types of animals in zoo's..
So, thankfully I think they all enjoyed it, had a bit of a giggle, and learnt the catechism!
Very tired!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment