Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Gwilym had a friend here for the afternoon, and Catrin had scouts.

Then Gwilym was asked round by our neighbour Tibo (7yrs) to go and watch the first half of the rugby between France and NZ (as I type France 20 NZ 18) He is now back here watching the second half.

Catrin and I watched "flushed away" a really funny film, half done by the Wallace and Gromit team..
My feelings about slugs have changed somewhat..

I never realised they could sing so well, or do such wonderful sound effects!!and they look so cute!

No doubt when I wake up tomorrow I'll realise what slimy 'orrible things they really are.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you really want a new slant on slug appreciation, you should watch (and listen to) the relish with which a hedgehog tucks into them. That's for the hedgehogs; - me? I rarely miss an opportunity to squash a slug where the opportunity presents itself.

Pat said...

I used to put salt on them.. but the French put garlic on..o well, the do taste better with garlic, but watching them sizzle under the salt used to be fun when I was a kid..horrible kid I was!

Anonymous said...

Yeeees, I feel I can concur with your self-analysis!

Anonymous said...

By the way, ...."taste better with garlic....??? I appreciate that the French have some peculiar tastes and that they like snails as well, (they're okay but nothing to rave about in my not-so-humble opinion,) but slugs on the menu? That's the first I've heard of it. Just a minute....

....Just popped downstairs and conferred with Grenouille-type son-in-law and he confirmed, never to his knowledge and the face he pulled said it all!

Pat said...

no no!!! garlic on snails!!before noshing them,
salt on slugs to kill em off, not eat!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ah! Thank you, that clarifies it nicely for me, but your comment above suggested that, as well as putting salt on them yourself, the French put garlic on them, obviously with a culinary purpose in mind.... unless of course, they thought they were possibly wereslugs!!

(As opposed to werewolves.)