Powered By Blogger

Monday, October 15, 2007

the house is too quiet!

My sister's in law and brother in law have gone home..It was really lovely to have them stay with us for a few days, but it passed too too quickly!

They had a great time on the Saturday afternoon, clearing out our drains..the next door neighbours kindly lent us their jet water spray thingy bob to squirt around, with really good results. Then my brother in law started on the drain from the loo!!! O boy! still, he was very brave, and had lived on a farm when he was a lad, so he said it was nothing new!

They did manage to get to see Bordeaux too, and Pessac Alouette

The neighbours think it might be a cess pit, but we aren't sure, cos there is an outlet drain..still, one evening we have to go around to the neighbours to say Merci, and have a chat with them about it! Lovely eh!

I then had to go and collect Catrin from a party, and Gwilym by this time had retired in the house!!

I should have taken photos! typically I forgot..

I'm enjoying my french class.. we're working on the subjunctive, and it's great..we don't just start on it and move on, we continue on it til we get the idea..in it's way it's better than the DEFLE in this area..also there is only about 8 of us in the class..

We're off on a trip on Thursday, all day!! much to the horror of the children, who then have to stay in school for lunch..It'snot always that bad however, cos today Gwilym had to stay, and had chicken and chips! how much better can you get!

thanks to monsieur and madame Griffin I can go, cos monsieur said he will collect Gwilym and Catrin from school..I don't get back til about 6pm

No comments: