I have a slipped disc.
The health service here amazes me sometimes! My appointment was for 12.45, so we went and gave details, and got seen at 1pm. MRI scan, just like on ER, except it was just lower abdomen, so I didn't get to go into the long tunnel,but too and fro several times, then into the waiting room again, where 40mins or so later, we got the results.
The doctor explained it all to us (we were both a bit flumoxed, but caught the words disc, rest, car but not too much, medication and no lifting)
We have the x rays with us, that mean zero!! and the report too, so I need to go see my Gp with it all.
It's good to have a definite diagnosis, and to know that lying on my bed is not just a feeble excuse but a valid one (nurses are always good at feeling guilty about being unwell, or at least I was)

No comments:
Post a Comment