Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 22, 2008

So now I'm 24

Yesterday being my '24' birthday (yeah right!) I spent the morning not feeling well, probably the shock! However, recovered and almost raring to go today!

I spent the morning reading a really good book! 'Step by Step' Divine guidance for ordinary Christians by James C Petty. I would really recommend it..easy to read, and it helped me to read the scriptures particularly John15 &16 in a totally different light.

Mr Petty talks about the wills of God..His overall plan for His people, and His revealed will for His people, in Scripture. ie. Love one another''You have been chosen before the foundations of the earth were laid' A statement of fact for those who believe.

He tells us that God has a specific plan for individual people, and it's not about 'feelings' or just about feeling peaceful about something, after all I bet Jonah felt very peaceful about the boat that just happened to be waiting to take him away from Ninevah!!( Yes the scriptures say "He will keep in perfect peace he who's mind is steadfast because he trusts in Him")

We can find Gods will for us in the Scriptures by using or common sense by finding out what gifts the Lord has given us, and using them for the best of our ability for the gospel (I love having the house full of people. I'm not especially good at cooking, but I know particularly that students like to be in a home atmosphere, especially if their families are miles away)

I'm not a theologian so my explanation is rubbish.

Read this book, it' so helpful;

No comments: