Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 01, 2009

Carcassone or the photos that are not!

We have just spent a really lovely and restful week in Carcassone http://home.comcast.net/~jpolos/photos/france/carc/

Thanks to some friends who let us borrow their lovely home, we were able to explore the lovely medieval city properly. We have been before, but it rained, and so was a quick whizz round..staying was so much better, as the house we were staying in was a stones throw from the medieval part!

I took lots of photos but what can I say..somehow I managed to delete them from the computor,after I deleted them from my phone!!!!!

The weather was splendid, and all I had taken with me was warm clothing and my boots, needless to say, I was hot on our walks around!

We also visited Lastours http://chateauxlastours.lwd.fr/

This was a lot of climbing up steep rocks etc, although the paths were marked out for us and some of them had rope across to stop us jumping over the edge! It was very steep at some parts, but well worth the view from the top...The kids thoroughly enjoyed it and virtually ran all the way!

We came back for the second rehersal for the chorale that some of the folks in our church are joining with the Anglican church for Christmas carol service..We are singing 'The shepherds farewell' Berlioz (I sang it in the school choir many years ago!) 'Lift up your heads' Handle and something else called 'What cheer' which I personally am not that fond of but it's ok.

We were given this really whizzo web site to help us learn our parts www.cyberbass.com/Major_Works.htm. It is so good!! and has all the major works on it. You can listen to your part individually then together with them all, whilst you warble away on your own bit!! It's very helpful.

I was pleased to realise after the morning service that I understood everything! Dik read from 2Chronicles 34 & some of 35. He talked about how King Josias cleared away all the idols from the temple, how he rebuilt the temple and re installed the singers and the worship. How he listened to God, who then blessed him, and continued to be with him throughout his life, even when he made mistakes..

The point being that we must do the same, get rid of all the idols in our lives, listen to God and obey him.

This evening Ben read from I John, how Jesus is fully man & fully God, and spoke about how John had been an eye witness to all that Jesus had done. How because he became flesh, he can fully sypathise with us in our weaknesses and because he is God he can help us over come them.

Liz R and her new fiancé Adrien came for lunch and we had a great time planning silly games for the party they are giving tomorrow at FAC..Alan suggested Pin the viel on the bride..like it! Liz R by the way is the young lady who has come to work with Fiona in the student work, and is here til FEb, then goes to work in Spain and then comes back here in July..all for her degree! Clever thing eh!

No comments: