Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

today was medical day

I had to go and have a routine investigation..one of those ones you have as you get older!

Anyway, one of the questions I was asked by the receptionist

"quelle est votre nom de jeune fille"

I thought, 'that's a bit strange, why do they want to know the name of my daughter, and how do they know I have one, is this a test to see that I am the person it says on my carte vitale??'

So I said 'Catrin'

Alan says 'so what did you say your maiden name was when they asked"

"Wot? when did they ask me that?"

So now I know that "quelle est votre nom de jeune fille" means "what was your name as a young girl" She must have said "quelle etait.." passé composé an all that!! Anyway, it was ok, cos my proper name was on my carte vitalle ..

A question the doctor asked after was so fast I just said yes and no..

She had actually asked if I was menopausal and without treatment..for all I know it could have been "so you had your leg amputated, without anaesthetic?"

I guess it pays to ask for them to repeat the question if you don't understand but she was dictating at the time into a dicto phone thingy and was so fast I got deconflabulated!

So I'm ok, and don't have to go back for another year! What fun eh!

No comments: