Well here he is, the first really big Santa I've done.I don't think the moustache is quite right, but I had great fun in making him.
He reminds me a bit of the first Noddy I ever did. The faces are not always easy to do, although this isn't so bad cos he has a big beard hiding it, but the Noddy had a really manic smile! I took a photo of him with a bread knife! It suited him!!
Now it's back to making small snow men and santa's for the loo roll christmas crackers we are doing! They should just fit inside!

5 comments:
Are you taking commissions? (Of the none paying variety, of course!)
That last comment signed as k went before I had a chance to finish it - I don't know how!
yes! No problem. the chap for whom I did this, kept coming to me with things to put inside the toy, like pot pourri or bendy pipe cleaners! !the pipe cleaners don't work too well cos of the stuffing being too thick, but the santa has got lovely smelly feet.
My only payment will be balls of coloured wool!!!
Wow, that's gorgeous. Actually, everyone, Pat is being far too modest. There's a lot of work goes into making these little creatures. The knitting is the easiest bit. It's all the stitching together - far too fiddly for me.(My efforts ended up being discarded - understatement) Pat you have the patience of a saint! Oh, you are one, well there we are!
thanks Saint Bendigedig!!
I'm thinking of giving it to him with a scripture verse attached, on the real meaning of Christmas..
I have got to the stage now where I have to take off my specs to see!
But I do enjoy it,even though I drive poor Alan nuts by leaving my knitting right in the place where he we need to get to open the shutters each day!!
Post a Comment