Managed to get to all the meetings today, that I'd forgotten about!
It was a good meeting about the Sunday school and the garderie (why don't they call it the creche I ask myself?) I should have asked.
Incidentally, Martine had phoned yesterday to ask for the recipe for "cake" So, today they had a cake and a gateau..
"What is the difference" I asked, and I think it was, that a cake is a speciality, ie: it has different things in it, like raisins and cherries etc, where as a gateau is just plain, or flavoured, but no cherries or raisins.
We're going to talk about creation in the garderie( these are the pre- school children) and use the Westminster Catechism for the little ones, translated by Paul Wells (thank you so much Paul!!)
So that's brilliant! They are aged from 2ys up to 6yrs,so I'm sure they'll be able to cope with it
Who made you? God made me.. short and sweet and full of truth!
Some of the ladies have worked with these littles for a long time, and are really good at organising craft stuff to do alongside it as well..We have a good number on the teams now, which is really great that each person only has to do it once every 5 weeks or so.
I don't feel really that confident with the small ones yet, cos of my French (brilliant though it is!) I don't feel I have quite the authority to tell them all to sit down and be quiet, as I would be able to do in English..We will all work with a young person, or student,so I hope to have the Pastor's daughter helping me sometimes. She speaks English and of course French..and she is really good with children too.
The only thing is, I didn't quite get the actual time of the garderie! Usually during the sermon, and I think it still is..only I think too, that as we only have one room, I think that the Sunday school will meet during the hymns, and when the sermon starts, they come back and the littles go out??
Can be quite a problem the language barrier sometimes, still I'm not due to do it til next week so at least I get to see how it all fits tomorrow
It'll be good to have the older younger ones staying in for the sermon...
Some time during November our church is hosting the national Synod, and also at the same time a choir is coming from America!!!
Don't yet know exactly how many ministers will be coming, but there is about 35 youngsters from USA.
They are all staying in the same place (phew!) Which is where we meet now, in Villenave, which is a conference centre.
So, being the person who has been asked to organise the food and the serving etc, for these sorts of things, I told our minister's wife that I just happened to be away that weekend!!!
(not really, although it's a thought now.....)
I'd appreciate prayer for this, although I know that the folks are so used to supplying food and stuff, and they come up trumps every time.
It'll have to be organised for teams of us to go in and serve up food to two different groups at the same time on the same day, and clear up to get ready for the next meal or coffee break.. sounds like fun eh!

No comments:
Post a Comment