Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 08, 2009

hail stones again!

This afternoon, Alan & I watched a downloaded series 'Un village francais' about the German invasion of France in 1940...Naturally it was in french,so I thought it would do me good..I couldn't follow much of the language, but understood most of the plot..

Half way through the second half I glanced out of the window..dark skies, thunder & lightning..& I had just put out the washing! So I ran down to get it in..then realised, that Catrin would get drenched, she was coming out of collége then, to catch the bus!

so into the car I dashed, & drove very slowly into town! It was amazing. One of the side roads was flooded, several cars seemed to be stuck, there were flash floods in the middle of the roads we were driving in..huge puddles all across the road, rivers running down the sides, and hailstones bashing away at the car! I was a bit worried for a moment that the windscreen would crack!

Anyway, Catrin had already left the building so I turned round & went to the bus stop..where I had to get out of the car cos she didn't even hear the horn the storm was so noisy..& just dashing from the car to grab her, I got absolutely soaked!!

What fun!

It had stopped by the time we got home!

No comments: