So armed with paint brushes and rollers, and a huge pot of white paint, we set too, with gusto (no, he wasn't there it's just an expression!!)
We did 2 coats, and were wondering how it looked..so Layla called the receptionist (not the same one as before..) and she wasn't really sure if it would be acceptable..she telephoned a chap who is responsible for the appartements..he came in a laughed (!) and said 'pas de tout'
'It needs two coats'
'We have done two'
'Then do another'
'We don't have enough paint left'
'How long have you been here'
'nearly four years'
'Then you don't have to do anything, it's normal after 3 or 4 years that a place gets a bit dirty'
'But the lady downstairs told us we had to do this'
'No. I will bring you some more paint so you can do it again' (what a cheek!!)
'I don't have the time, my family come in two days'
Finally they decided that they would get someone in to do it...Why they didn't tell her in the first place that it wasn't necessary!! That's typical though..it's like when you have to take official papers to the Marie, it's never the correct ones, and you can spend days going back and forth..they are not keen on giving information like this.
They certainly need to sort themselves out at the appartements, they need some sort of written policy!! Or perhaps they have one, but they won't give it to you unless you know about it and ask for it!
Having said all that, we had a great time..it looked better, and Layla's husband was very happy with it .I got fed some yummy food..but boy was I tired! I couldn't believe how tired I felt I was in bed before 9.30 and slept like a lamb!

No comments:
Post a Comment