Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 01, 2009

Mosquitos are alive & kicking here in France

Yesterday after church, we went to Lafitte, about an hour away by car, to visit some friends, and talk over things in the International church etc...It was a really super day, weather wise and meeting up with friends too..

They live in a lovely area, near a river, and with huge grounds, lovely areas to sit out on, under the trees, however I have come home with just about 26 mosquito bites (yes I counted them!) Some of them I got from St loubes (where our pastor and family live) on Saturday, when I went to collect Gwilym who had gone to a birthday bash there..I was there only for about 1/4 hour, and the little beasties had a real feast!

Anyway apart from all of that (I just hope they died a horrible death) we had a lovely day. Gwilym was taken for a tour around the house..It used to be an old tobacco farm..there are windows in the loft where the tobacco plants used to dry out, and in the grounds are old bread ovens...

Just outside the gates is the river Lot.. beautiful, with soem boats going gently up and down..

On the way home, an owl flitted across our path!

No comments: