Today I went on a trip to the house of François Mauriac. He was a famous writer, and his son was secretary to President De Galle..Look at the website, and you can see his beautiful house, surrounded by fields of lavender, and vineyards..It took about an hour to get there..we used my GPS, but I couldn't change the language to French! So had to translate it,getting my metres and kilometers muddled up!! It caused a lot of laughs especially when I couldn't spell the addresses correctly..and then it doesn't put it into the GPS...you have to get the difference between 'le' and 'la' right!
We looked around the house at all the photos, writing implements etc..amazing to think they preserve everything like this! When I'm gone there won't be anything interesting to keep!!
After, we had ourselves a lovely picnic..we all bought something and there was plenty!
I came home with most of my rice salad intact! Seems no one likes my rice/pasta salads!! They usually get taken out of the fridge for 3 days in a row, just to try and get rid of them!
After eating, we listened whilst Miriam (her job is a professional story teller) recounted the history of Esther from the bible..Her descriptions seemed to bring everything alive! It was really good, and the important thing was, that she didn't mention God! Sounds strange that, but He is never mentioned in the book, but you can tell by the way the whole story is written, that He is there, and working out his purposes for His people!

No comments:
Post a Comment