Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Another day ...Another house

Well, we saw the house which we had been holding our breath about...The main draw back ( and I think there are quite a few) is that the bit of garden at the front of the house, and some at the back are to be sold separately!! One for them to make money, and it would be a bit like living on a building site for a few years. Apparently it's not an unusal thing for the french to sell of part of their land separatly from their house. I have to make this clear, cos I had some "anonymous " person who seems to think I want to make money!!

Doesn't leave a lot of garden for any of the houses, although one advantage (apart from the swimming pool!!) would be, hardly any grass to mow, no plants either mind you...
There is quite a lot of work needed inside,the electrics for example..not sure about them. The outside of the house needs filling and re-painting, and the shutters in some of the rooms open by themselves!! So we could offer a lower price, but then it would mean finding someone to do the electrics, paint the outside of the house, mend the shutters....pay quite a lot out to get the work done, and we aren't really do-it-yourselfers!

Having just written that it doesn't sound too good does it?

Positive point is that is so near to the school!!
Has huge area under the house where meetings could be held...(once it had lighting, and heating installed..)

Hmmm..

Another one to see tomorrow!

The Landis one is still not sold..

www.daveys2france tells you more..

Catrin is better now thankfully bouncing around once more, so it will be back to school for her.

I have resurrected Michel Thomas advanced French course..It's so different listening to it now, cos I understand so much more than when I first heard it, and so can distinguish between "sais" and c'est" when the American person who is participating, says it, cos she says the both exactly the same as she would speak American..but in the context of the sentence I know the difference! Amazing isn't it..

No comments: