Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Wednesday mornings

Sounds like a title to a very famous song.

Wednesday mornings have been taken up with extra tuition for Catrin, by a very nice student, who is learning English, and wants to be a primary school teacher.

She came almost a year ago, and I'm sure she has been so helpful to Catrin, and very patient.
She started off by reading through things that Catrin had bought home from school, and making her write the words she didn't understand, which were in vast numbers in those days!

For the last few weeks they have been doing the lesson nearly all in French! It's been good to see how Catrin has progressed, to understanding her teacher speaking to her in French!

Today is the last lesson until September, as the student has exams and has to work for the summer.

We'll miss her as I think Catrin has got quite used to her coming each week and learning a lot from her. She may return isSept. We'll be in contact, but I suppose it may be that Catrin doesn't need it any more?

Perhaps I should ask if she can come and help me! I could pretend to be primary school age!!

The children are watching a programme on the box about evolution and having a good time.. watching monkeys evolve from squirrels, but where did the squirrels come from and why are there still some squirrels here??

How good to know that we are all made in the image of God, and not evolved from apes!!(although I suppose that could be debatable after watching the children eating sometimes! kiddin!)

No comments: