Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 18, 2006

I think I've found our new house at last!


I suppose it might be a bit big, and well, it took an hour to get to it, and it would take a lot of people to clean it. A bit too far from the school and university too, ah well..

This was lovely chateau de Cazeneuve. Henry 1v pad.

It was gorgeous. I went on the sortie des dames, 7 of us from the church.

The grounds were lovely and the weather was just right. We'd had a storm as promised, and it cleared the air a little.

We took a picnic with us.

The chateau is opened for groups, and we went in the morning when no one else was there, so we had the guide to ourselves.

I wish I could have taken photos of the inside, but one is not allowed.

There was a lovely lake, and a place called La grotte de Reine, probably spelt wrong, but a great place, and really cool.

Mind you, I can't imagine any Queen getting to
this place, we had to climb carefully around the over hang, imagine the Queen doing that? One slip and you'd be in the water!

It was very tempting to jump in, but I managed to restrain myself. We had a paddle though.


Naturally the whole day was French
I don't think I have ever been so quiet in my life! I did talk of course, but very spasmodically, and wasn't able to join in all the conversations. They sound like a bunch full of fun and mischieve though.

It was very helpful though, and the ladies were most willing to talk. Carol of course speaks English, but I couldn't expect her to translate every thing. I tried to speak French to her too of course.

It was a lovely day, very tiring,and a bit frustrating, but would like to spend more days with nothing but French. Although it was really hard at times, especially as I usually like to have a good old chin - wag, I realise that it is the best way to pick up the language, as long as people are willing to correct me! Posted by Picasa

No comments: