Well, we were to have a great weekend with friends round and a BBQ.
Well, that all happened, which was great, but I was in bed most of the evening (awwww!) feeling pretty yuky.
I had a sore throat, headache temp. you know, that sort of stuff. So off I trotted to bed after saying hallo, and left Alan doing the BBQ and generally entertaining each other.
I think every one enjoyed them- selves. I got up about 9pm to see how they all were, one had gone home and the others were all sitting in the garden enjoying Fiona's banoffi pie!
One of our friends who came is the lady who will be caring for our vast rodent family over the holidays , and she seemed to quite like them (phew!).
As soon as she arrived Catrin almost grabbed her by the hand and said "do you want to see the rats," Different to "would you like a drink" I suppose!
So that's great, and a real answer to prayer.
Now we have started house hunting (see Davey's 2 france blog for all the details)
Today however I have to stay at home cos Gwilym is off school, unwell. I think it's really that he is very tired, and it is so hot. Catrin has more stamina than he has, and she has gone happily to school.
So Alan has just taken her back after lunch, and will then go and see more estate agents, and then off to see a house in Pessac at 3.30.
I've taken to re- reading CHSpurgeon's Morning and Evening, and they are so good.
Last evening 'Who hath saved us, and called us with an hloy calling" The apostle uses the present tense and says 'Who HATH saved us' Believers in Christ Jesus ARE saved. They are not looked upon as persons who are in a hopeful state, and may ultimately be saved, but they are already saved. Salvation is not a blessing to be enjoyed upon the dying bed, and to be sung of in a future state above, but a matter to be obtained, received, promised and enjoyed now. The Christian is perfectly saved in God's purpose, God has ordained him unto salvation, and that purpose is complete..'
He carries on , but what he says here just shows again the amazing mercy and grace of our great God.
Who are we that he should care for us!
How great is the love the Lord has lavished on us that we should be called children of God, and that is what we are!
Wonderfull!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment