Well, Alan has been having sleepless night over his exams.
He has more next week, and will be so pleased when they are over, although it does mean that he has finished at the DEFLE.
He has really enjoyed his time there and will miss it a lot.
I start my exams next week, and had the most peculiar dream last night.
We were given a Barbie doll and told to dress it and then write about it, all in French of course!!!!!
Hope this does not come true!!
I've been thinking lately how much things have changed for us since we arrived.
The children have finally settled and are speaking French with their friends, and Gwilym helps me with phrases if I can't think of how to say something.
They are both happy at school, even though they get huge amounts of homework.
I have had to visit the dentist and the doctor, and managed to tell them the problems, in French, but have not yet had the courage to visit the hairdresser, or the opticians!
I just wanted to say, "How good is the God we adore, our faithful unchangeable friend"
The first few months here were hard, when your children are having a hard time, you do to. But we really have known God's fathfulness, and many answers to prayer.
So, if anyone of you are moving to a different house/country or whatever, be encouraged, God is always with us, in the hard and horrible times especially, as well as in the great and good times. And it does get better.
Well, I was hoping to blogg some photo's of the evening "do" at the DEFLE on Thursday, but for some reason the computor doesn' want to take my photos of my camera.
We had a great time. The children were an instant hit and I think that once loads of the students look at their photos, they will find two unknown children sitting in the front, grinning up at them!!
I had my first taste of sooshi, not sure if that is spelt right, but it was yummy! Also some chinese food to,which one of the girls in my group took.
We took cucumber sandwhiches!!
They had the "language" police their. Walking around the place, making sure we were all talking the language. Well, I thnk I got accosted, and answered to the best of my ability when caught off guard, and unable to form the sentence in my mind firs; but I'm not sure I did that well.
One of my tutors is so determined that I get to do the exams, that she was prepared to change the day of one of them. I was really touched! But was able totell her that I will be able to make it.
I don't get to the Weds lessons, as the children have that day off school, so she said that she would change it from the Wed. to the Monday.
However Alan has his exam in the morning so I can go in the afternoon.
So I have been looking at the subjunctive, conditionel,passe compose and all that, may be it will be ok!

No comments:
Post a Comment